Saturday, January 28, 2023

Confessions of Mind

 

Do you sometimes feel like you're about to lose your most valuable possession, you mind?  Do you sometimes feel that it's not very valuable at all?  If you are a disciple of Jesus, if you have been born again, of you are a new creation, that includes aspects of your mind!  Here's how it works:  You're spirit has been brought to life by God's Spirit.  Your flesh (which includes thoughts, words, and actions that oppose God) must be crucified (put to death) each day.  Your mind... 

Your mind is still your mind, but with God's help you have to begin a process of renewing your mind, so that it will be in line with what God originally created you to be:  His image bearer!  We are called to become more and more like our Father God.  Here are some Scriptures about your mind that you can confess over yourself each and every day, believing that God is working in you and through you, to make you more and more like him! 

Ephesians 4:22-24

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off  your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on  the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.  


According to Romans 12 I have a transformed mind and


A renewed mind!


According to Romans 8:6 I have a Spirit-controlled mind and


I have a mind of life and peace


2Corinthians 10:5 says I have a mind that captures every thought making it obedient to Christ!


I confess that I have a clear mind, according to 1Peter 4:7!


2Timothy 1:7 says I have a sound mind!


Philippians 4:7 says I have a guarded and protected mind!


Revelation 17:9 calls for a mind of wisdom!


Philippians 4:8-9 calls for a mind of right-thinking!


Therefore, I profess that I am made new in the attitude of my mind, according to Ephesians 4:23,


And I set my mind on things above, according to Colossians 3:2!


I obey 1Peter 1:3 that tells me to have a mind prepared for action!


1Corinthians 2:16 says I have The mind of Christ!


I have the mind of Christ!

My mind is no longer dark, but full of revelation from God!

My mind is transformed, renewed, clear, alert, sound, Spirit-controlled and full of life and peace!

My mind meditates on the Word of God!

My mind meditates on the Goodness of God!

My mind meditates on the blessings of God!

My mind obeys Philippians 4:8 which says, “...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeking Solitude: Praying Like Jesus

In the hustle and bustle of our modern lives, finding moments of solitude can be challenging. However, seeking solitude is not a new practic...